Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, May 1, 2009

A Girl's Mom: Week 1

Its been one week since we've gotten home from the hospital with Miss Bella. So what we're going to do now is review my progress of my first week as a mom of a girl.
  1. This is the one that bothers me most, so I'm just going to clear the air on it now. Apparently, I didn't know the proper procedures of changing a little girl. I thought I was doing good, I even remembered to wipe her down with wipes every time. Then the first time my mom watched her I get a call from my mom wanting to know why Bella had raw spots on her bottom. I said I don't know what she's talking about, and she said in some of Bella's folds down there she has raw spots from where I haven't been doing a god job of wiping her. So, my little girl has already had a sore bottom thanks to my lack of knowing how to properly change a girl.
  2. Clothes. And to think I was stressed over being able to properly dress her and make her clothes match. She's so skinny (just like Zach was) she can't even wear anything other than the few newborn onesies we have. So I get to put off reviewing this for a little while yet.
  3. Starting her on a schedule. Okay this one has nothing to do with her being a her, but it is part of getting used to a baby. Bella's on a schedule, but its one entirely of her making, which makes it pretty difficult for the rest of us. She wakes up in the morning around 6-6:30 to nurse for about 20-30 minutes, she then sleeps until 9:30-10ish. Then she wakes eats, get changed, then goes back to sleep around 11 and stays asleep till about 3 then wakes and eats again then goes back to sleep until 8ish. Then she has her I'm awake lets be together time. She'll stay up until 11ish. I know this is backwards and I should try to adjust her schedule but really, I like having her sleep so much.
Really, so far, being a girl's mom isn't that hard or different, but then my girl is also still a newborn so we'll see.

No comments: