Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What Qualifies Me?

What qualifies me to raise a little girl? Nothing. What I know about little girls could fit into one sentence, and that is "A little girl is a whole lot different than a little boy." You would think being a female myself that I would have some knowledge, and I do have the basics: wipe them different when changing a diaper, its okay for them to wear dresses... um I think that's all I got. I was never girly, ever. My mom always said she got lucky with me because I was never a girly baby, toddler, child, or teenager. I look at my little sisters and the little girls I know and I go into a panic. These girls always look so well put together, nice hair, cute matching outfits, impeccable girl manners. I don't know how to do hair, I have enough trouble getting my own into a pony tail. My four year old does a better job matching clothes than me (he's also the one who has picked out most of what we already have for Miss Bella). And lastly, I have horrible girl manners. I know the basic manners that all children need to know, and I know all about how girls and boys should be treated and raised the same, but sorry, I come from an old-fashioned southern family where, yeah we treat both genders mostly the same, but there are some things girls do and need to know and some things for boys. I'm a great "boy" mom. My boys are amazingly well-mannered (when not at home), have a solid sense of right and wrong, the ways you treat a girl, and I'm good at teaching them that. I don't know what to do with a little girl. What on earth am I going to do?

No comments: