Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter 7.2

 picture from here
So I’m a Harry Potter junkie.

That makes me better than silly Twilight junkies, because, hello, Harry Potter is way better than Twilight. lol

I started reading the Harry Potter books when I got the first one when I was in 7th grade. I got it for like Christmas (or maybe my birthday – they’re close enough to get the presents mixed up when remembering lol) from my grandparents. Even then I loved reading and I loved reading books that had to do with magic. (For example the first chapter book I ever read was The Worst Witch) So Harry Potter was a perfect fit for me. I instantly loved the books and as the movies came out I instantly loved them too. To be completely honest, I still love the book and the movies. lol I was like silly excited when the last book came out… even though I was like 21 or 22. John even got me a box set of the books for my birthday this year. Before that my sister and I had the whole set broken up between us that we passed back and forth. By the time I got my box set (she got a box set also for Christmas) the books we had were pretty raggedy from years and years of reading.

As the final movie drew near I went back and forth between excited about seeing it, to being sad about it being the last. I wasn’t one of those weird super-depressed fans, but yeah, I am sad that there won’t be any new movies. It's been a tradition for my sister and I to go to the midnight premiers of them, and that wasn’t about to change this time. We almost weren’t able to, and we were both crushed, but John pulled through so we were able to go. Our theater had 5 screens open for the midnight premier, and all 5 were definitely needed. The first to we tried to find seats in were already packed. We ended up waiting in line for a seat in one of the rooms that another movie was finishing up on.

I’ve loved all of the movies, and except for some big changes in the last few, I thought they stayed pretty true to the books. With this last movie I was totally looking forward to the big fight scenes… and then I saw them… and then I got pretty pissed. They took away parts, and added parts to the fight. I mean they changed it up a lot and it really didn’t need any changes. The fight between Harry and Voldermort… stupid. I hate what they did with it. They also left out the part where Aberforth explained about what really happened with him, Dumbledore, his sister, and Grindlewald. They left out the death scene of Fred. They completely changed up the way Neville killed the snake. I just thought the changes were nowhere near as good as what actually happened in the book.

That being said, I still did love the movie, but as John said, I would have loved it almost no matter what, seeing as how it was Harry Potter. The truth is, even though the changes did disappoint me, the movie didn’t. I know a LOT of people just go see the movies and never bother reading the books, and if you’re one of those people you won’t be disappointed at all. If you’re one of the book lovers like me, well, you’ll probably be a little disappointed, but if you’re anything like me, that won’t keep you from liking the movie.

No comments: