Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Of course it had to happen eventually.

Consider this post a departure from the normal flow of my life. I'll get to telling you about VBS in the next one, I just want to share this now. So as I said excuse the randomness of it.
No movie in my 22 year existence has ever made me cry or choke up. Its not that I'm not moved by sad or touching movies, its just not the kind of person I am. And, before you ask, no, books don't make me cry either. I never understood people who cry during a movie, matter of fact, I always found them kind of funny in an embarrassing sort of way. I mean if you're enjoying it, why cry? Yeah, its sad, but its not actually affecting your life in any way shape or form really, its just a 1 1/2 - 2 hour diversion from the reality that is your life. Enjoy it, hate it, or just be amused, but please please don't cry. Not only is it an embarrassing situation to you the crier, but if I'm there with you I'll be mortally embarrassed too not to mention uncomfortable since I don't do tears well from anyone other than my children.
I went to the movie store tonight to to drop off some movies and rent some (bought three too but that's beside the point...). Apparently I did poorly since I didn't get a single one John likes or wants to see. Since none of them were ones he wanted to see I went ahead and watched one of them tonight after he went to bed. It was a movie I wanted to see when it came out, but I didn't want to go see it alone. Marley and Me. It didn't seem like the kind of movie John wanted to see, and my mom and my movie buddy are both big animal people (especially dogs) and its no secret the dog dies at the end so they didn't want to see it either.
Let's just say I'm glad I watched it by myself. By the point when they get ready to take Marley to the vet the last time and everyone's telling him bye and they load him in the car I'm choking up. When the vet gives the owner alone time with Marley before he gets put to sleep, tears are flowing. And then when they bury him and the kids are reading the letters to him and the lady says her piece, I'm bawling like a baby. I had to go get our dog and break John's #1 rule and put her on the couch with me and love on her.
I loved this movie, if you're a dog person you so need to see it.

No comments: