Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You can’t be a mom and a monster ghost.

((background – because of Zach, Ryan is terrified that there is this horrible monster ghost in his room and is having lots of trouble going to bed at night))

“Ryan, would you like to sleep with this picture of Uncie Spencer under your pillow along with your monster powder?”

“Why?”

“Well, because if I was a monster ghost I wouldn’t go anywhere near your Uncie Spencer, he’s too obnoxious to scare.”

“Wait, so I don’t have a mommy?!”

“What?”

“If you’re a monster ghost then you can’t be my mommy, that means I don’t have a mommy.” (lip starts trembling face starts crumpling)

“Ryan, look in your hand and tell me what you’re holding.”

“My monster powder.”

“So… if you’re holding monster powder and I was a monster ghost, would I be able to snuggle next to you in your bed?”

“No.”

“Then I’m not a monster ghost, I’m your mommy.”

“OK, but next time don’t call yourself a monster ghost.”

3 comments:

Nicole M. said...

We too have been dealing with ghosts... I wonder if Collin would understand monster powder ;)

Pom said...

Ryan was right though. Don't go calling yourself a monster ghost! Duh!
Silly mommy. LOL!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Aww! We have a Good Dreams spray we use and early on I convinced the boys that monsters are scared of cats & we have 5 so fortunately the monsters are kept to a minimum