Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Sayings (8/29)

“I could rattle off tomes of statistics about disparity. I could talk about the wealth gap, the job gap, the wage gap and the health gap. I could speak in erudite and intellectual terms about income, health and equality in America. But I don’t have to: Katrina did that for me through images of people suffering. It was through reality’s lens that Americans witnessed the tragedy not through a full-length movie or cheap sound byte. But the images seen on most Americans’ television sets nearly a year ago were not just pictures of my hometown. They represented people in poverty in urban areas all over the nation.”

- 2006, Marc H. Morial, President and CEO of the National Urban League

No comments: