Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So… I got a blog award.

I can honestly say, I’ve never gotten one of these before, so I’m not entirely sure what all to do, so I’m just going to copy what my friend Nicole did and hope she did it right. So if I do this entirely wrong… not my fault, blame Nicole.

versatile-bloggeraward

There are a few things I must do in order to accept the award.
1) Thank the person who gave me the award.
2) Share seven things about me.
3) Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs, and let the nominees know about the award.

  1. So, thank you Nicole! (of The Unexpected) You know I admire you very much and just love your blog. Her blog, for those who haven’t read it, is just wow-awesome. She’s very frank and honest, opening herself in ways that I, who am very open, just can’t bring even myself to do. She’s been through so much and strives so hard to be the best mother she can. (Which is a pretty darn good one.)
  2. I take it these seven things aren’t things I’ve previously shared, because that would just be way too easy. So here are seven things I don’t *think* I’ve shared.
    1. I smoke. Not pot, cigarettes. Yes, I know they’re bad for me. No I didn’t smoke when I was pregnant. Before I get any hate email or comments let me ask, do you hear me dissing on any of you for your vices? No, so just can it.
    2. I’m a sucker for sappy happy love songs. Especially Taylor Swift. I listen to it in my van when John and the boys aren’t around, and know every word to every song on Fearless. I also sing along, very very poorly.
    3. Self-esteem is not something I lack. I think highly of myself. Probably a little too highly, but my grandmother always told me that people will only think what you put out there about yourself to let them think. If you have confidence in yourself and abilities people will pick up on it and believe it too. My mom just says I’m cocky.
    4. On the note of being cocky, I have on good authority of many of my older relatives who will not let me live it down, when I was in kindergarten one of my grandparents asked me how I liked school and I responded “I love school. At recess all the little boys chase me because I’m so pretty.”
    5. When I had Zachary all the nurses kept coming from all over the hospital to my room because they wanted to see the grandmother, mommy, and baby who all had red hair.
    6. I never wanted a little girl. (Of course now I want and love her very much.) Considering what I was like as a child and teen, I just figured a daughter was an extra trouble I could do without. And while I do love my daughter so very very much, if we were to ever try to have another child, I want another boy.
    7. I come from a long line of alcoholics so I don’t drink much, or often. But about 1% of the time when I do drink, I drink to get drunk, and I’m very good at it, which is why I almost never do drink more than just the occasional shot of kahlua or Bailey's.
  3. I don’t think I even really keep up (daily with 15 blogs so I’ll go with 5). Of course there’s more than just these, but some have already gotten this award, and some are much much larger blogs that I’m sure get these types of things all the time.
    1. Flower Patch Farm Girl
    2. Life’s Small Moments
    3. Baby Steps
    4. Raising Our Pod Full of Little Peas
    5. Dear Oliver

No comments: