Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, May 14, 2010

I’ve been in a funk.

Hey blog readers, sorry I haven’t posted much this week, but as the post title says, I’ve been in a funk. I’m not even sure what brought it on. I woke up Monday in a good mood, and then I just sort of sank throughout the day, then the week. Things aren’t going bad or anything, they’ve just been bleh. I haven’t been in the mood to really post, or do much of anything.

Tuesday I went and registered Ryan for school, pre-k. Well, I mostly registered him. Apparently one of my proofs of residencies weren’t acceptable, and I didn’t have Bella and Zach’s socials for the income form. So I got all the major paperwork out of the way and have to go back again next Tuesday to give the rest of the info. Ryan was excited, then grew progressively bored while we were there. It didn’t help at all that there were two little girls (sisters) in line ahead of us who kept trying to mess with his glasses and him. And their mom was just standing there talking away on her cell phone. I kept trying to get her attention to have her get her girls to leave Ryan alone, but she kept ignoring me. Eventually, one of the school workers came by and told her she could not use her phone in the school and that she needed to be watching her kids.

Wednesday, I had a huge allergic reaction to something I ate. I’m not too sure what though. Up until I was 21 I never had any food allergies. Then when I was 21 I ate a whole thing of peanuts (don’t ask why, I don’t even know, I don’t even like peanuts) and had a moderate reaction. But man, Wednesday night’s was brutal. About five minutes or so after I finished eating I started getting these huge cramps, which I just sort of dismissed since I’ve been having light cramps all week. Less than 5 minutes after they started I was in the bathroom throwing up everything I had eaten. Then I started getting itchy, which at first I didn’t really notice, then I’m like uber-itchy all over my stomach, I go to the bathroom and look and I’m starting to break out in hives. By the time an hour was up I was completely covered in them. I had them all the way from my toes to my hair. I even had them on my ears and eyelids. It was not fun. These are from when it was at its worst (excuse the bit of crack you see, I had to remove my under garments due to itchiness):
DSCN6789 DSCN6791
DSCN6790 DSCN6795

Yeah, imagine that covering your entire body with it being one huge solid melded mash of them in places where you bend like your armpits, elbows, ankles, wrists, and where your legs connect.

And today, well, its just been a little bleh too. I woke up this morning still with some, not a lot but some. My brother came and picked up the kids and took them to my mom’s for me so I could take some more Benadryl and hopefully get more sleep, cause I didn’t get a lot Wednesday night. I got some sleep, but not much, unless I’m really really sick I can’t get my body to nap once I’m awake. But hey, at least I got a quiet kid free day.

No comments: