Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why am I not asleep?

It is a little past 2 am here and here I am, up and at the computer. Have I even been to bed or dozed...? No. I was sitting outside enjoying the storm and reading a book when I realized how late I'd been out there so I came in. My goal was to do a quick check on things then turn off the computer. But alas, what did my little ears hear? Why, the not so little sounds of Miss Bella deciding it was time to eat. (this was about 12:30) Bella has not had a middle of the night feeding in a while. I got her out of bed, changed her bottom, and we talked and played for a bit. Then I made her a bottle with cereal. She drank it, we played some more, and she fell asleep about 20 minutes ago. Here's the problem, now I'm wide awake. I can not afford to be wide awake at 2 in the freaking morning! I have a three year old who wakes up at 5:30 am when his daddy does and expects me to be up and getting him food by the time daddy leaves at 7! True, he'll get in my bed, cuddle Bella and I, and let us snooze, but only until say 8-8:30 and only after he's ate. And I'm not one of those people who can go lay down in bed and will myself to sleep. Oh no no no. That would be much to easy. I have to exhaust myself to sleep. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a very long day...

No comments: