Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Monday night date night

Do you know what’s sad… I can’t remember the last time we got a fully kid free night. The boys do sleepovers at my mom’s with regularity, but Untitled1Belly almost never does, and the few times that she does do sleepovers, it’s usually mid-week and the boys are home with us. So see, except the occasional few kid free hours on Friday or Saturday evenings when we get to go on the rare date, we never get a fully kid free night. Don’t get me wrong, I love having at least one of the kiddos home with me, I tend to go just a tad stir crazy at home alone, but it’s been so long that I think I was going a tad crazier without a kid free time.

Yesterday was the boys’ last day of school before the start of spring break. Yesterday after school my step-mom came and picked the boys up for their first sleepover with her and my dad in well over a year. It’s a trial run for them (step-mom and dad) to see if the boys are allowed to sleepover more often. So that takes care of the boys.

My mom volunteered my step-father and herself. She said John and I needed a night to ourselves. So, she said that I should pack up some of Belly’s things since the boys wouldn’t be home, and let Belly do sleepover with them. And there goes my last kid.

I’m sure you don’t want all  the details of our night alone. lol But I’ll give you a few.

We didn’t make up our minds on dinner until 8. Then we (read as me) took the chance to dress up and put on makeup and actually leave my hair down. Then we played around with the camera for a bit, see pictures on side of post, he kept trying to make me laugh during them. The second one was supposed to be a kiss picture, but right before the flash went off her turned his head and said “boobies.” lol After that we went out to eat, and not only did we take our time, we also got an appetizer, AND dessert. Big night in our family. lol We came home and did nothing. No cleaning. No getting stuff together for kids in the morning. No tucking in kids. No reading a chapter of Ramona. No cleaning up the bathroom after kiddos’ showers. Pure blissful nothing. And to top it all off, I got to sleep until 8:30 in the morning.

So while I love my kids, I really loved my date night.

1 comment:

Melita said...

Yay for date nights! We're having a date night this weekend, for the first time in about a year lol