Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Elf… I think I’m going to fire your butt.

Meet Charlie Snowman Peterpants
DSCN9200 copy

He is one of those creepy little Elf on the Shelf dudes. I thought he was kinda creepy and that the idea would not work at my house, but since my mom spent the $30 on it for the boys and Belly I figured we might as well do it. And hey, the boys think he’s pretty darn cool. The boys named him. They actually agreed on Charlie, then Ryan picked Snowman, and Zach Peterpants. No, no idea where he pulled that name from. lol

The premise is that he’s like Santa’s secret agent. He watches you and then goes back to the North Pole every night to report to Santa if you’ve been good or bad, then comes back and hides somewhere and you have to find him. This is supposed to make children behave.

Yeah… that’s not working.

Instead I have yelling, tantrums, and punching every morning because one boy wants to beat the other at finding him. As if our mornings weren’t hectic and angry enough. (Comes from living in a house where poor ol’ Ryan is our only morning person. lol) Plus, as I mentioned before… I think he’s uber-creepy.

We’ll keep doing it… probably will next year too… hopefully by next year he might actually work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The elf has always seems a little like "Big Brother" to me. My son would try to see if he would catch everything he does.