Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, December 3, 2010

So this is what we’ll do.

It’s not like I’ve had nothing to blog about the past few days. I have. I swear. But see here’s what happened…

Something happened, and I really wanted to blog about it, but then I didn’t get a chance to the day it happened, and the next day some other stuff happened that I wanted to blog about, but then I didn’t know which to blog about first. Then yesterday I wanted to blog about something else… but had two others I should blog about…

It’s a vicious cycle that leads to me sitting on my butt doing anything but blogging.

So this what we’ll do (what I should have just done to start with)… We’ll combine them to one post. I sometimes astonish myself at the genius I posses.

First – and best – I got a huge blessing from the digital scrapbooking designer I work with. It was so nice and took a worry off my heart. Totally made my week. I love working with her and she is just nicest lady. Before I got on her team I was burning myself on scrapping. I was just flat out overcommitted between working for designers and doing my own designing. Don’t get me wrong – I loved the store I worked for, and I loved the designers I worked for but it was all too much. I put off designing because I wanted to be scrapping, I put off scrapping because I had to work on team pages, I put off those because I knew I should be working on designing. Then this opportunity came along, but to get it I had to work exclusively with her. Dropping my other commitments terrified me, but I’m constantly getting proof it was the right thing to do.

Second – as I’m sure everyone who reads my blog or has had a toddler knows – teething freaking sucks. Yes, still teething. I live for the day that Belly finally has all her teeth. And the teething combined with the on-set of the terrible twos… hell, pure hell. Never did I think I’d have a child that would be harder to keep up with than Ryan, but let me tell you, Belly is putting him to shame in the mischief and trouble department.

Last, I’m working on documenting the 25 Days that lead up to Christmas. It’s a digital scrapbooking project and the goal is to make one page a day going over your day, specifically the parts relating to Christmas. So far I’m really enjoying it – and actually keeping up. Here are the pages from the past two days.

Cover:
CoverW

Dec 1st:
DAY1W

Dec 2nd:
DAY2W

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m not shooting for fancy, just documented.

No comments: