Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Flashback (7/30)

From July 30, 2009

“I don't go crazy buying myself stuff, I hate buying stuff for myself, I always feel there's a better use for the money. But I go just a little wild when it comes to buying clothes for the kids. I can't help it. I see all these cute clothes and I think "Oh, Bella would look darling in that," or "Zach loves those kinds of shirts," or "Ryan would look so handsome in that." I mean once I start buying them clothes I can't stop! I have a feeling it goes back to when I was younger. We never had any nice clothes, we always got hand-me-downs from our cousins, and with me and my brother being the youngest in the family (not including my half-brother and sister since there's a 7 year gap between the brothers and a 9 year one between me and my sister) everything was really worn by the time it got to us. So, I just love buying the kids new, nice clothes. Shoot, they dress better and have a bigger wardrobe than John and I. I just spent $200 on fall/winter clothes for Bella, no one else, just her. And before the 30% discount it was $300! And seeing as how John banned me from buying her anything else (she has a closet full of summer clothes she still doesn't quite fit...) I have a feeling this might cause some issues. But she has no fall/winter clothes, so really this was a needed purchase...
Right?”

Original post here: Two Blues and a Pink – I have an addiction… to shopping!

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

I can't help but buy my little guy clothes every time I go to target. I can relate, I rarely buy stuff for myself. I did jump for joy when I saw tank tops in a bin for $2.50. Thats going wild for me. I bought 3. ;)