Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, February 19, 2010

I'll teach my son 100 words...

I'll teach my son 100 words, and the first six words I'll teach my boy are "Pick a book!" and "Open it up!" But that's not all my son will do, he'll learn words like "red" and "blue"! And "green" and "black" and "orange" and "brown". And "big" and "little", and "up" and "down". He'll learn the articles "a," "an," and "the." The conjunctions too, "and," "or," "but;" we can't forget about these! He'll learn his numbers. And a few nouns and verbs. He'll learn them all, all these glorious words!
(lol)
Can you guess what book we've been reading a lot at home. I must say Michael Firth's "I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words" has been a real God-send with teaching Zach to read. The words are short and easy (plus really funny to an almost 6 year old). It has a lot of the site words Zach has learned the past year and a half in school, plus, the words the dog learns, which an almost 6 year old who's got the basics of learning to read down can also learn, are in a different color than the rest of the text so its uber-easy for Zach. We work on a few pages a night, and he counts to see where he matched up with the dog. Its made this whole learning to read adventure so much easier on all of us.


(by the way - we're up to 73)

No comments: