Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Well, SOMEBODY'S Ducks Ain't in a Row.

Go ahead, ask me how I spent a nice large chunk of my day.
Well, how nice of you to ask. I spent a nice chunk of my day going back and forth arguing with the records keeper at Zach's school and the records keepers at the Health Department. See to start the whole mess off, our doctor does not give immunizations, so I had to take the boys to the Health Department for their's when they were little. By the time Zach was finishing all his before 5 years ones, and Ryan was on like the second round of shots I decided that my children would not be getting further immunizations. People had started saying they led to Autism, and since boys have a higher chance of becoming Autistic I decided that wasn't something I wanted to chance. Zach was able to register for school last year without the 5 year old round of shots because he wouldn't be turning 5 until the school year was over, at which point I promptly forgot about shots.
Well, the school called me at the end of August to inform me that Zach needed to get a physical and his last set of shots. I informed them ok to the physical, but he's not getting that last shot. They then told me, Tipton County does not allow students to attend who do not have their immunizations and do not have religious or medical documentation for not having them. I figured what the hay, its not worth it, and talk has gone down a lot about the immunization/Autism link. Zach got his physical and while we were there his doctor said he wanted to see Bella next week, not in October like planned. I made Zach an appointment at the Health Dept. for his shots for the next week too. Bella's appointment came first, and after that I didn't give a flying fig about some shots I didn't want him to have anyway.
Well, Zach's schooled called yesterday saying if Zach's immunization is not brought up to date by October 1st he will not be able to return to school. The lady was getting very angry at me, as if I somehow tricked them into letting him attend without the physical and shot records being up to date. And for the first time (from this lady) I hear this gosh awful phrase, "Well, sweetie, we just need to get all our ducks in a row." (hear that with a thick Southern accent)
So I try for two freaking hours this morning to reach the Health Department, finally do, and actually get to talking to the appointment lady, and do you know what she tells me? "Our records show that Zachary has already gotten the full amounts of each immunization." Um, hold the phone, noooo he hasn't. I give her Zach's social and ask her to check to make sure she has the right one, because I know for a fact I never took him for 5 year old shots. She says yes she does and for medical reasons Zach got them with other shots or something. She tells me to call the school back and talk to them. Call the school back talk to the lady I did the day before, and hear the duck phrase twice more. She says he needs DPT and polio. Call Health Department again, they say no he doesn't. Do this twice more, with duck phrase during both other calls. By the time I hang up the phone saying screw it, he'll go in for me and the nurse to look over his chart and she can then talk to the school or just re-give him these shots, and start Ryan's back up so he can go to school next year. And I'm thinking the school can get all the freaking ducks, cows, sheep, goats, pig, and whatever the heck they want in a row, but my records are freaking correct and they need to just get the heck over it.

No comments: