Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, September 21, 2009

Bye Bye Boobies

Despite my pleas of protest it seems Bella has weaned herself.
In the past two months she has gone from nursing 4-5 times a day along with taking a small formula/cereal bottle, to then nursing twice a day, to nursing only in the mornings, and then, for the past almost week, not wanting to nurse at all. It seemed nursing alone wasn't putting much weight on her so we did the nursing plus bottles under her doctor's recommendation while slowly increasing the amount she eats, and now she doesn't want to nurse and it makes my heart sad.
I loved those mornings of lying in bed and cuddling and nursing. She still wants to lay in bed and cuddle, but I miss the intimacy of nursing. She was doing so well I had such high hopes that I could nurse her to at least 6 months, preferably a year+. I mean I'm glad she was able to nurse longer than Ryan, but it still stinks. This morning she was in a good mood, and I tried to get her to latch on, and the more I tried the angrier she got. I thought, okay well maybe she's just not hungry yet. But as she did get hungry she still wanted nothing to do with it.
My baby has officially said bye bye to the boobies.