Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Recipe: Super Easy Fried Chicken

Not too much going on here. Well, that’s a sorta lie. Nothing big just that the pregnancy migraines have returned. Oh joy. I haven’t even been in enough of a good mood to go with the story and picture idea. I’m pretty nonfunctioning when I have migraines. I guess it’s because I’m such a big baby when it comes to any sort of headache since I rarely get them when not pregnant.

Well, I’m still all headachy but I just ate the most delicious chicken ever, and it was like so easy to make for fried chicken. You might be thinking “But Trish, I would think fried chicken is already easy to make?” You would be wrong. lol It’s messy, and you tend to get burned while making it. (At least I always do – I get burned a lot while making it) I can’t take full credit for this recipe, my mom was the one who told me how to do the actual cooking on this. The rest is me. (Though if you’ve ever made fried chicken some is like “duh…” lol)

20110915-DSCN9596 copy
Before doing anything – make sure that your chicken is completely thawed.

What you’ll need:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders
3/4 cup flour
4 tbsp seasoning of your choice
vegetable/cooking oil
1 egg

1 large cast iron skillet/frying pan
1 small circular cake pan
1 large mixing bowl
paper towels and a surface to dry the chicken on

What you’ll do:
1. Pour enough of the oil into the frying pan to have about a 1/2 inch of oil in the pan. Stick the pan in the over and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

2. While the oven heats combine the flour and spices into the cake pan. Mix thoroughly so that the spices are evenly mixed in with the flour.

3. Whisk your egg in the large mixing bowl until the white and yolk are all mixed together and then add your chicken to the bowl. Stir them together until all the chicken is coated in egg.

4. Doing one tablespoon at a time, stir in 5 tablespoons of the flour/spices into the chicken and egg.

5. Once the oil and oven are heated remove the pan from the oven. Take your chicken and coat it in the flour mixture and then place the chicken in the pan. Put the pan back in the oven.

6. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes flipping the chicken after each 10 minutes. If after 20 minutes the chicken still doesn’t seem golden or isn’t fully cooked continue cooking and flipping the chicken at 5 minute intervals.

7. When the chicken is done take it out of the frying pan and let it drain for about 5 minutes.

There you go! There’s mine and my mom’s recipe for easy fried chicken. Enjoy!

No comments: