Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How does God answer prayers?

Zach asked me this recently, and I had trouble explaining it to him so that he’d understand.

Well, let me tell you how God just answered one of mine.

I was sitting here at my computer crying, there’s just so much going on in my life right now and I’ve been so stressed and worried and it all has just built up to a breaking point this afternoon. While I was crying Belly was sitting on the floor across the room drinking her bottle and watching Dora. I must have made some noticeable sound because she gave up her bottle and crawled over to me. She pulled herself up and was patting my leg, her way to say up, so I picked her up and put her in my lap. She turns around to face me, wraps her little arms around my neck, and presses her cheek to mine in a long sweet hug. (She just started giving them last week.) Not long after she starts hugging me Dora ends and Nick Jr. plays Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds.” Odd choice for Nick Jr. I know. Belly sits in my laps and hugs me through the entire song, and at the end she wants down.

And I no longer felt like crying.

Right before I started crying I’d been praying asking God how I was going to get through all this when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry.

I know there’s no guarantee that everything is going to be all right, but I feel like today it. I can make it through the rest of today. So see, God does answer prayers.

1 comment:

Nicole M. said...

Oh Trish I am crying after reading this.

That song means so so much to me. That song was played on 3 different radio stations the day of my grandmothers funeral, and twice-two different time while leaving the hospital after a visit.

Bella is already a very intuitive little girl. You are so lucky to have her!