Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, March 19, 2010

Let me be honest

I hate my daughter's name.
Yup, absolutely, really, and truely. I hate it. Never in my life have I ever felt the overwhelming urge to name my daughter Isabella, Bella, or any variation of the name. Nor do I like the middle name Ann. 1. It's totally spelled wrong that way, in my opinion, but that could just stem from the fact that my middle name is AnnE and 2. It's like the most common middle name in the world.
You might ask then why my daughter has the name Isabella Ann when I don't like either one. Well... to be honest... I lost a bet to my husband. He was just so sure from the very beginning of my pregnancy that we were going to have a girl that he wouldn't even think of boy names, he just went straight to Isabella Ann, a name he had picked out when I was pregnant with Zach. John and Zach started calling the baby Bella at about 10ish weeks. They were so silly about it that I told John if he was right and the baby was a girl he could name her whatever he wanted as long as I got to pick whatever name I wanted if it was a boy.
What do you know, for once he was right.
So now I'm stuck with a daughter who has the #1 most popular name for a girl born in 2009. She's going to be the girl who has 3 other girls in her class with the same name. This is why I hate my daughter's name.

1 comment:

Nicole M. said...

its funny to read this since I HATE thomas' name. Who would name there kid Thomas Harold? of course he ia a junior but like you i also lost to my hubs. If it was a boy he could pick the name, a girl me